Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ashlyn's first trip to the zoo

The last week of my maternity leave saw beautiful weather in the lower 80's. This was a much welcomed break from the 90-100* weather we had throughout most of the summer. Since the weather was so nice and it was going to be one of the last chances we would have to get out, I decided to take the kids to the zoo.

We met friends Alissha, Brady, and Luke, Tara and Campbell, and Aunt Chelle Chelle there.
Brady and Carter were the tour guides
Carter was happy that Aunt Chelle Chelle took the day off from work to join us!

Ashlyn Grace - 6 weeks old

She slept the entire time


We saw most of the outside exhibits but my favorite part was seeing the two baby elephants swimming! Adorable!


We left at noon and headed to a restaurant to meet my friend, Tracey. She hadn't met Ashlyn yet and she had a sweet pink and black afghan to give her! (Unfortunately I didn't think of taking a picture!)

It was a great day and a great way to end my time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment